• Anzeigen
Alles löschen
neue Beiträge

• OttoStover
    Fuchs
    • Privat

• Meine Reisen

5 Swiss people killed in snow avalance in Norway

I deeply regret to inform you that 5 people that was coming from Switzerland have died in an avalance in Kåfjorden in Troms in Norway. They were on their way to a peak in the area and the intention was to ski down. The party conisted of 12 people, of which 6 were taken by the avalance. One was dug out alive, the remaining 5 died. The last one was buried under about 7 metres of snow, but was found due to having an avalance security device sending signals.

http://www.nrk.no/nyheter/distrikt/t...mark/1.8041381

Otto

Edit: it is now reported that one of the persons that died was French.
    Zuletzt geändert von OttoStover; 19.03.2012, 19:55.
    Ich lese und spreche Deutsch ganz OK, aber schreiben wird immer Misverständnisse.
    Man skal ikke i alle gjestebud fare, og ikke til alle skjettord svare.

• Becks
    Freak

Liebt das Forum
    • Privat

• Meine Reisen

AW: 5 Swiss people killed in snow avalance in Norway

Siehe auch hier:
    Lawinenunglück Norwegen

Alex
    After much research, consideration, and experimentation, I have decided that adulthood is nothing for me. Thank you for the opportunity.

Kommentar

• Shuya
      Fuchs

• Meine Reisen

Laut Nachrichten heut morgen hatten alle einen Lawinenpiepser am Körper.
      EVER TRIED. EVER FAILED. NO MATTER. TRY AGAIN. FAIL AGAIN. FAIL BETTER.

Kommentar

• pdentsch
        Anfänger im Forum
        • Privat

• Meine Reisen

Mögen sie in Frieden ruhen. Ich denke bei so nem Ereignis mit einer solchen Masse an Schnee sind auch die LSV's mehr oder weniger "nutzlos". Der Letzte wurde laut Bericht unter 6 Meter (!!!) gefunden, und da musste mal erstmal mit der Schaufel hinkommen bzw. orten. Denn so ne Lawinensonde hat ja auch nur durch. 2,5m Länge.

Gruss
        Patrik

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        "Der Mittler zwischen Hirn und Händen muss das Herz sein"

Kommentar

• Becks
          Freak

Liebt das Forum
          • Privat

• Meine Reisen

Die Abstiegsroute war wohl auch etwas unglücklich gewählt, wenn man das Bild aus der norwegieschen Zeitung ansieht. Warum die da einen Trichter und nicht die Kante runter sind (ja, hinterher ist man immer schlauer)?

Alex
          After much research, consideration, and experimentation, I have decided that adulthood is nothing for me. Thank you for the opportunity.

Kommentar

• Lars
            Erfahren

• Meine Reisen

Zitat von Becks Beitrag anzeigen
            Die Abstiegsroute war wohl auch etwas unglücklich gewählt, wenn man das Bild aus der norwegieschen Zeitung ansieht. Warum die da einen Trichter und nicht die Kante runter sind (ja, hinterher ist man immer schlauer)?
            Hmm, Otto schreibt ja oben:

Zitat von OttoStover Beitrag anzeigen
            They were on their way to a peak in the area and the intention was to ski down.
            Ich vermute allerdings auch, dass sie schon wieder auf dem Weg nach unten waren - es war schließlich schon nachmittag... Und für die Abfahrt eignet sich natürlich der Trichter viel besser, weil steiler.
            Der Unterschied zwischen Theorie und Praxis ist, daß es theoretisch keinen Unterschied gibt, praktisch aber schon.

Kommentar

• Hoernchen
              Erfahren
              • Privat

• Meine Reisen

Das war damals mein "Hausberg" in Norge...

Kommentar

• OttoStover
                Fuchs
                • Privat

• Meine Reisen

There are two ironical aspects of this accident. First the name of the mountain that means in sami " the mountain on which you may have an accident", and indeed they had. Then some report on the TV that showed the equipment they had, in addition to beepers they also had those backpacks that blow up to be a balloon. Accordin to the producer this should give an 98% chance of survival if one is taken by an avalance. I think the producer should take this promise of survival away form the bags, and instead inform that survival of an avalance is NOT a near promise even with the balloon-backpack.

Maybe the group that were taken by the avalance would have been a bit more cautious if the producer of the balloon-pack had said 30% chance of survival. 98% seems like a near promise to survive close to all avalances, which they then did not.

Today there are no restrictions for those that venture into the mountains in Norway to seek out powder downhill conditions. So were the case before for those that raft down rivers. Today river rafters must have local guides and these are certified in the river where they have local knowledge. It may well be that such regulations will also be imposed on alpine downhill tours. Those that died did not have a local guide, just someone from the company that arranged the tour.
                Ich lese und spreche Deutsch ganz OK, aber schreiben wird immer Misverständnisse.

Kommentar

• Juergen
                  Fuchs
                  • Privat

• Meine Reisen

Then some report on the TV that showed the equipment they had, in addition to beepers
                  they also had those backpacks that blow up to be a balloon. According to the producer this
                  should give an 98% chance of survival if one is taken by an avalance.
                  Hier schreibt das Eidg. Institut für Schnee- und Lawinenforschung etwas über den ABS Lawinen-Airbag.
                  Man muss ihn wohl von Hand auslösen und er funktioniert nur so lange die Lawine in Fluß ist. Wenn die
                  Lawine zum Stehen gekommen ist und dann noch Schnee von oben nachfließt, nützt auch der Airbarg nichts.

Es wäre mal interessant zu wissen, ob es definitiv stimmt, dass die einen solchen Airbag bei sich hatten
                  und ob er ausgelöst wurde.

Kommentar

• Lars
                    Erfahren

• Meine Reisen

Accordin to the producer this should give an 98% chance of survival if one is taken by an avalance. I think the producer should take this promise of survival away form the bags, and instead inform that survival of an avalance is NOT a near promise even with the balloon-backpack.
                    What Juergen said: Did the avalanche bag deploy at all? Did the skier in case maybe encounter a "terrain trap", so that the bag was rendered useless? In my opinion, the quoted "98%" sounds like the chance of survival in a best-case scenario.

Those that died did not have a local guide, just someone from the company that arranged the tour.
                    I'd say this most probably might have been the more serious mistake that maybe has led to the decision to ski down into the trough and not to descent along the ridge.
                    Der Unterschied zwischen Theorie und Praxis ist, daß es theoretisch keinen Unterschied gibt, praktisch aber schon.

Kommentar

• Juergen
                      Fuchs
                      • Privat

• Meine Reisen

Es kann sein, dass die 98 % sogar stimmen, aber die Zahl täuscht.

In dem von mir zitierten Bericht steht:

Auf Grund dieser Untersuchungen kann gesagt werden, dass die Letalität
                      bei allen von Lawinen erfassten Personen weniger als 13% beträgt.

D. h. mehr als 87 % überleben auch ohne Airbag (wenn man unterstellt, dass
                      die wenigsten in dieser Untersuchung einen Airbag hatten). In diesen Zahlen
                      sind halt auch die ganzen kleinen Lawinen oder vielleicht Fälle, in denen Personen
                      noch im Randbereich aus der Lawine rausfahren konnten usw.

Aber es ist halt falsch zu sagen, wenn ich vor einem Hang stehe: Egal, ob
                      ich eine Lawine auslöse oder nicht, meine Chance ist 98 %.

Wesentlich aussagekräftiger als diese 98 % wären die Fälle, in denen Personen
                      ohne Airbag gestorben sind und mit Airbag überlebt haben.

Kommentar

• Julia
                        Fuchs

• Meine Reisen

Laut Aftenposten heute morgen befand sich die Gruppe auf der Abfahrt vom Berg. Die beiden Gruppen gehörten auch zusammen, sie teilten sich erst direkt vor der schicksalhaften Abfahrt. Laut der Zeitung Nordlys benutzen sie eine Extremroute, die ortserfahrene Offpistler angeblich nie benutzen, weil sie zu gefährlich ist. Laut Zeugenberichten waren die erfahrensten Skifahrer in der ersten Gruppe und erkundeten die Verhältnisse, gaben der nachfolgegruppe Klarsignal und lösten dann die Lawine aus, von der sie erfasst wurden. Die Lawine war groß und der Schnee hart wie Betong. Es soll sehr schwierig gewesen sein, die untersten Verunglückten auszugraben.

http://www.aftenposten.no/nyheter/iriks/Slik-skjedde-dodsskredet--6789200.html

Kommentar

• Julia
                          Fuchs

• Meine Reisen

Zitat von Lars Beitrag anzeigen
                          I'd say this most probably might have been the more serious mistake that maybe has led to the decision to ski down into the trough and not to descent along the ridge.
                          It looks like their main intention was to ski down, not neccessarily to "skiclimb" the summit (they just had to do that in order to be able to ski down again). So the ridge was probably never in their minds as an alternative.

The avalanche danger was ratet 3 out of 5 that day.

Kommentar

• Philipp
                            Alter Hase
                            • Privat

• Meine Reisen

Today there are no restrictions for those that venture into the mountains in Norway to seek out powder downhill conditions. So were the case before for those that raft down rivers. Today river rafters must have local guides and these are certified in the river where they have local knowledge. It may well be that such regulations will also be imposed on alpine downhill tours. Those that died did not have a local guide, just someone from the company that arranged the tour.
                            Hope this will not happen. Life is, was and always will be dangerous and will end with death, no matter how strongly we rely on regulations (made by bureaucrats often far away from reality). Risk is an essential part of life.

Zitat von Otto
                            Accordin to the producer this should give an 98% chance of survival if one is taken by an avalance. I think the producer should take this promise of survival away form the bags, and instead inform that survival of an avalance is NOT a near promise even with the balloon-backpack.
                            Same is true for the use of guides. In the given case the victims perhaps relied too much on their gear and perhaps did no longer show good judgement.
                            When lead by local guides this behaviour might even be supported. But also local guides once will make mistakes and will take wrong decisions. And following a guide blindly always leads into desaster...
                            "Oft vereint sind im Gemüte Dämlichkeit und Herzensgüte." - W. Busch

Kommentar

• OttoStover
                              Fuchs
                              • Privat

• Meine Reisen

First I must point out that the "98% claim" was seen by me on the TV, I do not know if this rescue percentage is actually claimed this way. But if it is, then I would also feel very secure and not hesitant to venture into an avalance dangerous area. "Heck, what could happen, I have 98% chance of survival" I would have thought. If however the claim was 98% IMPROVED chance of survival, I would be more hesitant. It was reported that the airbags had been activated, but the snow was extemely compact.

River rafters are not controlled to see if they have a local guide. I think it is the cost of the eventual rescue operation that is the clue here. With the local guide the rescue is free of charge, without the local guide the bill for the rescue will come. And it is not pocket money!

In Svalbard it is even mandatory to have insurance to cover for the eventual rescue before tourists are allowed into the nature. I may understand these regulations, as it is a high risk sport both river rafting and alpine downhill. It is ok that someone is willing to take the risk. But with their own guide these persons contribute extremely little to the community they then demand an costly and risky rescue operation from. With a local guide maybe some accidents would have been avoided, and also some contribution from the tourists to the community would have been the case.

Normal ski and hiking tourists will never be asked to get local guides, but then these activities are also low risk.

Kommentar

• Zecke
                                Erfahren
                                • Privat

• Meine Reisen

hei, ich finde das ungueck sehr traurig.

Glueck im Unglueck war , dass es ja auch 12 stueck haette erwischen kønnen, also habe sie ja effektiv risikoreduzierende massnahmen getroffen. Das soll auch gesagt sein, trotz aller kritikk.die in den medien so aufkommt. Leider sind den 5 auch trotz topp ausruestung keine chance geblieben. Der Schnee war hart wie betong, das gelænde war eine grosse falle und der weg fuer die rettungskræfte war sehr weit. Dies ist die zweite Todeslawiene hier oben, fuer diese saisong. Im februar starben 2 von 4 , die am Middagstinden auf der Insel Kvaløya vor Tromsø von einer grossen lawine erfasst wurden. auch hier hat das gelænde den rettungseffekt der benutzten lawinensæcke reduziert.

Hier in den medien wird jetzt gross um ein verbot oder zwang zur nutzung von lokalen guides diskutiert,da die opfer alle " kunden" eines auslændischen Tour-anbieters waren, der mit auslændischen guides operierte. Dies waren zumindest zum teil sehr erfahren und als internationale mountain guides zertifiziert.

Ich will mich nicht in diese diskussion einmischen. Tragisch, das dies wahrscheinlich nich das letzte unglueck sein wird. Fuer mich perønlich bedeutet dies jedoch konsekvent vorsichtige routen und nicht die sooo steilen berge anzugehen, es gibt genug berge die auch so spass machen. Und den bereitschaftssack fertig gepackt im auto zu haben.

Wenn jemand aus dem forum nach Troms zum toptourskiurlaub kommt, sollte er espen nordahl sein buch "Toppturer i Troms "benutzen, denn hier werden routen und gefahrenmomente gut illustriert. Teilweise auch in englisch.

MFG Zecke

Kommentar

Lädt...
                                X