• Anzeigen
Alles löschen
neue Beiträge

• Chris1984
    Erfahren
    • Privat

• Meine Reisen

AW: [AQ] Bilder aus Antarktika, März 2015

Hey ich war auf der Ushuaia für 10 Tage gesamt, wobei 4 Tage davon die Drake Passage überquert wird.

Wer Interesse an der ganzen Geschichte hat kann sich ja gern meine Texte durchlesen auf dem Blog Sind halt nur leider auf Englisch, daher nicht hier zu finden.

Hier das nächste Update:

Live #74, Paradise Bay, Antarctica

29/03/2015 Perfect weather conditions allowed us to enjoy the breathtaking landscapes at Dorian Bay and Neumayer Channel. So far, we had only visited islands and were now very close of setting foot on the actual continental landmass of Antarctica for the first time. Thick sea ice blocked our entry point at Neko Harbour though and forced the captain to find another spot for us to land on what would become the seventh continent for some of the passengers. Missing Australia, it was just the sixth for me personally

1)

2)

3)

4)

5)
    Ich hoste eine interaktive Travel Show jeden Montag ab 20 Uhr - schaut doch mal rein :)

Kommentar

• Chris1984
      Erfahren
      • Privat

• Meine Reisen

6)

7)

8)

9)

10)
      Ich hoste eine interaktive Travel Show jeden Montag ab 20 Uhr - schaut doch mal rein :)

Kommentar

• Weissgoesout
        Gesperrt
        Anfänger im Forum
        • Privat

• Meine Reisen

Sehr interessante Fotos !!
        Gruß

Kommentar

• Chris1984
          Erfahren
          • Privat

• Meine Reisen

Danke!

Hier noch mehr:

11)

12)

13)

14)

15)

16)

17)

Kommentar

• Chris1984
            Erfahren
            • Privat

• Meine Reisen

Hier noch mal die letzten Bilder von diesem Update :

18)

19)

20)

21)

22)

23)

Zum Abschluss das Bild von unserem Outdoor Grill Danach wurde es auch zu dunkel um Bilder zu machen ohne Stativ und auf einem fahrendem Boot :P

Kommentar

• Nopasaran
              Gerne im Forum
              • Privat

• Meine Reisen

Großartige Bilder!

Kommentar

• DrMatchbox
                Gerne im Forum
                • Privat

• Meine Reisen

Ein Traum! Und wirklich sehr stimmungsvolle Bilder. Allerdings stellt der Schneeleopard wirklich die anderen leicht in den Schatten.

Interessehalber. Mit welcher Kamera/Objektiven hast du die Bilder gemacht?
                best regards
                Marc

http://www.facebook.com/Dr.Matchbox

Kommentar

• Chris1984
                  Erfahren
                  • Privat

• Meine Reisen

Das war eine Sony A3000 mit Sony 18-105 er Objektiv.

Danke!

Hier das nächste Update:

Live #75, Cuverville Island, Foyn Harbour, Antarctica

30/03/2015 Day 6 on Antarctica started early again at 06:30 with a delicious breakfast. We would have our coldest day so far and be surrounded by at least 20 whales while attempting to strike another landing at Cuverville Island.

After a lot of blue sky and sunshine in the last days, we were now surrounded by a thick layer of low hanging clouds, covering the icy peaks around us in mysteriously looking fog. I really loved the atmosphere and it was a great contrast to the previous days. We could also spot some humpback whales in the distance, occasionally pressing out water through their blow hole, but sadly never really appearing over the surface. It was freezing cold this morning and thoughts of staying in the warm bed rather than waiting for the Zodiac to venture out into the cold Antarctic Ice were present, but obviously, never really pursued. On the beach, the Expedition Team briefed us on the main attractions to be taken that morning: One to walk north to overlook the entrance to the Errera and see the busy Gentoo rookeries there and then another at the opposite end of the beach to overlook icebergs and more penguins.

Cuverville island contains the largest Gentoo rookery in the area and at an earlier stage of the season, we would now face a horrible smell from all the penguin poo. Luckily for us, it was freezing cold and most of it covered in ice or snow. We had to be pretty careful walking around on the icy patches and observed the Gentoo penguins minding their own business. This usually involved just standing around and watching at us, sleeping, swimming, lying down, eating or even disco dancing their muscles. Some of them grouped up in a small pool at the shore, having a little pool party while others joined us to stare at the ocean when groups of humpback whales came by to show a glimpse of their body. Again, they would not emerge further unfortunately, but it was certainly nice to have them around!

Some chicks were present among the penguins as well, looking pretty funny with their Iroquois hair style. And of course, we also had some seals around again. This time though, we had to be a bit more careful though because they seemed pretty aggressive according to our crew. So we watched them fight it out between each other from a safe distance while the penguins came to check us out. My feet got really cold after a while and I decided to head back to our Ship. Basically, we had the freedom to stay a bit longer or shorter in each place if we wished, because enough zodiacs (six in total I believe it was) were always around and waiting for passengers to pick up – pretty good organisation and the luxury of using a small Ship as well! Watching the amazing icebergs around us in the zodiac as we were brought back, I couldn’t wait to get inside and warm up my body.

Back on board for 11:30, there was not much time to warm up. I spent around 15 minutes inside before people starting to yell that we were having whales around, so of course, I was heading out again as well! All around the ship were humpback whales performing: sleeping, tail lobbing, rolling around lazily and slapping their fins in the water. I could count around (20!) whales around us, all of them humpbacks, some bigger, some smaller but most of them pretty tired as it seemed. Everyone was out watching around for over an hour in the still cold day, I was switching between the outside deck and the inside to stare out of the window while warming up my hands. At some point, the action increased and some humpbacks were actually jumping out of the water, right at the bow of our ship! It was so amazing to see it in this landscape, and I really would have loved to capture it on pictures as well. Sadly, my Sony A3000 was really much slower than my broken A6000 and messed up with the auto focus, denying me the shots.

The crew called for Lunch and no one went in to eat. The whale show was exceptionally exciting and I was pretty sure that they would keep the food warm for us. We would navigate into a snow storm soon after, abruptly ending it though. While the passengers enjoyed the great lunch, we were approaching our next stop: Foyn Harbour. Instead of a landing, we were supposed to have a Zodiac tour to get super close to the whales. To my big disappointment, it was cancelled though due to lack of time and poor visibility. So we sat at anchor, in silky seas, with pale grey light all round with occasional patches of low visibility in snow flurries. Most people now finally retreated to their cabins until another whale was sighted. After hours of watching them in the cold, nearly everyone stayed inside now though. I didn’t, in the hope to get some more good shots done.

Later on, I joined the presentation about whales and played a round of chess with one of the guys on the ship while the snow storm around us made sure that we could not see a thing. Around 18:00 though, it cleared up and put the scenery in an amazing light. One side of the Ship was highlighted by the last pieces of blue sky, while the other turned into a pinkish orange light, producing a breath taking evening panorama. At 20:00, we started our night-long sail through the Gerlache Strait and parts of the Bransfield Strait towards the South Shetland Islands. As every day, the crew would let us know what we would do the next day and for tomorrow, it really sounded great: We would pass through Neptune´s Bellows into Whalers Bay for a morning landing at Deception Island, the caldera of an active volcano.

Highlight Bilder:

1)

2)

3)

4)

5)

Kommentar

• Chris1984
                    Erfahren
                    • Privat

• Meine Reisen

6)

7)

8)

9)

10)

11)

Kommentar

• tizzano1
                      Erfahren
                      • Privat

• Meine Reisen

Wirklich toll!!
                      Da wird's mir ja beim bloßen Anschauen schon saukalt

Kommentar

• Chris1984
                        Erfahren
                        • Privat

• Meine Reisen

12)

13)

14)

15)

Kommentar

• Chris1984
                          Erfahren
                          • Privat

• Meine Reisen

16)

17)

18)

19)

20)

21)

Kommentar

• Chris1984
                            Erfahren
                            • Privat

• Meine Reisen

22)

23)

24)

25)

Kommentar

• Chris1984
                              Erfahren
                              • Privat

• Meine Reisen

26)

27)

28)

29)

30)

Kommentar

• Chris1984
                                Erfahren
                                • Privat

• Meine Reisen

Live #76, Deception Island, Half Moon Bay, Antarctica

31/03/2015 We arrived at the South Shetland Islands on the last day in March and also the last of our Expedition to Antarctica. After navigating into Deception Island, a caldera of an active volcano, we visited Whalers Bay and explored the remains of an old whaling station before rounding the trip off at Half Moon Bay and it’s colony of Chinstrap penguins.

Our lovely expedition leader Anna woke us up at 06:45AM. It was time to get dressed again quickly as we entered Deception Island through the very narrow and shallow Neptune’s Bellows. The captain did a good job navigating us safely through the passage without hitting any of the sharp rock formations just meters from our ship. Once we entered the caldera of an still active volcano, we could not really see a lot since the weather was pretty miserable and everything was covered in clouds. As we approached the island on our zodiac, I could slowly see the crater rim coming up in the background, rising up to 300m. Seals played around in the steaming water, heated up by the volcano below, and the first section of the old abandoned whaling station presented itself behind them in form of some old World War II fuel tanks.

One after the other Zodiac boat landed at the beach and the individual groups were sent to different spots. The fuel tanks and boilers looked really impressive, as did the other buildings that were still left here from the whalers that used the natural harbour because of it’s protection from the elements in the early 19th century. Everything looked black with lot’s of small details to be found, such as little boats that were covered by the gravel. We reached Biscoe House and climbed up a hill called Roberts Walk to get a good overview of the crater. It was pretty windy and cold, so nobody spent too much up there and instead walked down again where we would gather at the beach to have a nice bath in the hot water.

Down at the steaming beach, it smelled distinctively hydrogen sulphide (like bad eggs) and we were told to undress and have a swim in the water. It actually was really hot on the rim and most of us followed the lead and jumped in. Getting in a bit deeper, I quickly realised that the water was only really hot at the very small patch along the beach, but freezing cold once you get only a meter away from it. It was so cold that most of the people quickly returned to the hot spot, sadly it was not really deep enough to heat up quickly again. The crew stood by with towels for us and once I was dry and dressed again, I boarded the next Zodiac and headed back towards the Ship for our afternoon Snacks just when the Sun started to poke out of the clouds, finally offering us some nicer views on this pretty cool scenery.

We left Deception Island again and gathered for lunch. Everyone was just enjoying their starters when suddenly someone screamed “ORCAS!!!” – we would finally get to see the famous killer whales! All passengers and crew members were super excited when we first saw a cow and calf and then two big bulls in fair distance from our ship. It is not too common to see them during this time of the year here so we could consider ourselves lucky. Unfortunately, they quickly disappeared again in the ocean and I was not able to get some good shots. Seeing them live, though, was a great experience. Everyone returned to the dining area and finished the lunch, the kitchen did a good job keeping our main courses warm for us

Next up was our final landing at Half Moon Bay, a small island not only featuring our well known gentoo penguins, but also a new species: the chinstrap penguins! Quiet a few of those white-headed guys with a black strap around their chin welcomed us coming off the Zodiac and we just sat down on the ground to observer their interactions with the gentoo’s. Other than the penguins, we also encountered fur seals, giant petrels, wilsons storm petrels and kelp gulls. The weather was pretty cloudy all day, making up for a nice atmosphere while we climbed up a small hill to look down to the other side of the small island.

It was awesome to watch the penguins jump up and down the slippery rocks, sometimes a bit hesitant and not sure if the next jump would be too far. For some reason, all of them gathered at the top of the hill and a complete armada of penguins came up from the beach. Half Moon Bay also featured something I would not have expected in Antarctica: A tiny spot covered in green moss! According to our guides, it is the only moss to be seen in all of Antarctica. We spent a few hours on the island and it just had started to rain, giving us a good reason to return back on board to receive a nice hot chocolate at 6PM. Two hours later, we would start our journey back towards the mainland of Argentina by crossing the Drake Passage again. A lot of people took their pills to avoid getting sea sick while I was secretly hoping that we would have some more action this time…

Highlight Pictures:

1)

2)

3)

4)

Kommentar

• DrMatchbox
                                  Gerne im Forum
                                  • Privat

• Meine Reisen

Eine wirklch traumhafte Landschaft! Ich hoffe da auch irgendwann mal hinzukommen.
                                  best regards
                                  Marc

http://www.facebook.com/Dr.Matchbox

Kommentar

• Chris1984
                                    Erfahren
                                    • Privat

• Meine Reisen

5)

6)

7)

8)

Kommentar

• codenascher

Alter Hase
                                      • Privat

• Meine Reisen

OT: Warum stellst du hier eigentlich alle paar Tage ein paar Bilder ein, anstelle einfach den gesamten Schwung auf einmal? Zumindest mich stört diese Art von „Traffic Generierung“ mittlerweile….

Bin im Wald, kann sein das ich mich verspäte

meine Weltkarte

Kommentar

• iwp
                                        Alter Hase
                                        • Privat

• Meine Reisen

Schöne Bilder und ich freu mich wenn es immer wieder mal was neues gibt!
                                        Wo war ich bloß?

Kommentar

• DrShouter
                                          Erfahren
                                          • Privat

• Meine Reisen

Da ich jetzt schon des Öfteren davon gelesen habe das man direkt von Ort billigere Touren bekommt, wollte ich wissen wie realistisch ist es das man so einen Last Minute Platz bekommt? Bin Jänner 2017 in Patagonien und da würd mich ein Ausflug auf einen neuen Kontinent doch sehr reizen 😁

Kommentar

Lädt...
                                          X