Letzte Vorbereitungen, einige Fragen (Lappland)

Einklappen

Ankündigung

Einklappen
Keine Ankündigung bisher.
X

• Filter
  • Zeit
  • Anzeigen
Alles löschen
neue Beiträge

• OttoStover
    Fuchs
    • Privat

• Meine Reisen

AW: Letzte Vorbereitungen, einige Fragen (Lappland)

I just wanted to give you Nita a few info regarding the route to take from Sulis to Storjord. Use this map http://ut.no/kart

1: The shortest route is to follow the summer track over Storengskardet down to Storengdalen, then down to Storeng and Storeng Fjellgård. This farm is btw run by a german family Sven Kisch, but I read that they were about to change something. If you want to contact them you find the cell phone number when clicking on more info on Storeng Fjellgård.

From Storeng you follow the summer track up to Båtfjellkanusen, but here you take the westen track between the Sauvatna (Nedre og Store Sauvatnet) and follow this track to the west side of Solvågtinden. Then you find the summer track down to Storjord.

2: The route that is most spectacular is IMHO to go south to Argalad and Trygvebu, then nort west through Rykkjedalen and you end up close to Båtfjellkanusen and the same route as 1 down to Storjord. You will then walk through two narrow valleys. Ask at Sulitjelma or Sven Kisch about danger for snow avalance. If there is a warning for that this route may be more exposed and risky compared to route 1. Otherwise this is the route I would have taken.

You may also walk down from Trygvebu to Junkerdal Turistsenter, but then you will have to follow roads down to Storjord. I would not have done that.
    Otto
    Ich lese und spreche Deutsch ganz OK, aber schreiben wird immer Misverständnisse.
    Man skal ikke i alle gjestebud fare, og ikke til alle skjettord svare.

Kommentar

• Nita
      Fuchs
      • Privat

• Meine Reisen

Zitat von OttoStover Beitrag anzeigen

2: The route that is most spectacular is IMHO to go south to Argalad and Trygvebu, then nort west through Rykkjedalen and you end up close to Båtfjellkanusen and the same route as 1 down to Storjord. You will then walk through two narrow valleys. Ask at Sulitjelma or Sven Kisch about danger for snow avalance. If there is a warning for that this route may be more exposed and risky compared to route 1. Otherwise this is the route I would have taken.

Otto
      Thank you Otto, it was love at first sight! We will check the avalanche situation in Sulitjelma; also I have some mountain experience.
      Reiseberichte

Kommentar

• OttoStover
        Fuchs
        • Privat

• Meine Reisen

OK, then that part of the tour is settled. But you are going to end up at Dunderland, right? I'm looking at a map of Saltfjellet that has all the summer and winter tracks marked. In fact on one sheet of double sided paper yoou have the whole tour from Sulitjelma to Dunderland. Do you have that map, it could be useful? It is in the scale 1:75000, an older version in 1:100000 is useless. Heres a hint: http://www.salten.no/files/salten_fr...r/kartinfo.pdf I have previously supplied other germans with this map, I buy it cheaper at member discount at BOT.no tell me if you want it, it costs about 250NOK including mailing costs.
        Otto
        Ich lese und spreche Deutsch ganz OK, aber schreiben wird immer Misverständnisse.

Kommentar

• Nita
          Fuchs
          • Privat

• Meine Reisen

I guess we have it already (with your help ), but I´ve not seen it, only my partner (I´ll ask him).

The finish point depends from our velocity, Dunderland seems to be realistic. We have train tickets from Bodø to Oslo, so can get on a train everywhere from Lønsdal to Mo i Rana.

OT: +15°C here today! Looking forward to a real winter
          Reiseberichte

Kommentar

• Gast-Avatar

It would be absolutely great if you could share some information regarding logistics.

It seems to me that a flight from Frankfurt to Bodø takes about 15 hours. Hardly an ideal solution. Do you fly to Oslo and then take the train? Is there a website where you can book train tickets and look up the timetable?

Is there a bus from Bodø to Sutelj...? Website /w timetable?

Is there a good outdoor shop in Bodø (with a website) where you can preorder fuel and real turmat?

Is there an inexpensive hotel close to such outdoor shop AND the bus station (line to Suteljm...)?

Many thanks!

EDIT: It seems there a better flights (depending on the day). For instance:

14:25 Abflug Frankfurt (FRA)
            Ankunft Bodo (BOO) 18:40 Do 1.Mär
            Dauer: 4Std. 15Min. SAS 4756 / 4122
            Umsteigen in Oslo (Gardermoen)

12:50 Abflug Mo i Rana (MQN)
            Ankunft Frankfurt (FRA) 19:20 Do 15.Mär
            Dauer: 6Std. 30Min. Widerøe 731
            SAS 2889 / 1635
            Umsteigen in Trondheim (TRD), Kopenhagen (Kastrup)
            Landungen insgesamt: 3

Getting back from Mo i Rana, however, is still not ideal if you have a pulk sled ; )
            Zuletzt geändert von ; 22.02.2012, 18:35.

Kommentar

• Nita
              Fuchs
              • Privat

• Meine Reisen

Hola Bergtroll,

darf ich Dir auf Deutsch antworten? Mein Englisch ist grausam und die 4. Sprache für heute...

Was uns angeht:

Wir fliegen am 7. März von Düsseldorf nach Oslo (SAS). Direkt ab Flughafen nehmen wir Zug Richtung Bodø (17h Fahrt, Umsteigen in Trondheim). Die Rückfahrt erfolgt gleich in umgekehrter Reihe.

Warum Zug:
              - einfacher mit Sperrgepäck
              - günstiger (Minipris knapp 30 Euro/Fahrt)
              - lange Fahrt durchs ganze Land als Teil unseres kleinen Abenteuers

Hier die Bahnseite: www.NSB.no

Letztes Mal sind wir aus Oslo nach Bodø geflogen. Der Flug kostete etwa 50 Euro (Normalpreis). Man muss nur aufpassen, dass man vom selben Flughafen fliegt, wo man ankommt, sonst wird es lang und teuer ("Norwegian" fliegt soweit ich mich erinnere zwei Oslo-Flughäfen an).

Der Bus nach Sulitjelma fährt 2-3 Mal am Tag. Man steigt in Fauske um, Dauer der Fahrt etwa 2h. Infos hier: www.177nordland.no

Im Zentrum von Bodø finden sich drei (?) große und gut sortierte Outdoorläden und einige Supermärkte. Wir haben damals Gas an einer Tankstelle bekommen (war am Sonntag).

Die Stadt ist recht überschaubar, da ist fast alles nah aneinander. Wenn es dort einen Hotel gibt (bestimmt), wird er auch in der Stadtmitte sein. Bushaltestellen sind auf dem Zentralplatz neben dem Infozentrum und nicht zu verfehlen.

In welchem Sinne ist die Fahrt von Mo i Rana schlecht? Lang - ja, aber da werden wir hoffentlich müde sein Zugfahrt mit Pulka? Naja, ist etwa das gleiche wie Fliegen mit Umsteigen. Oder weißt Du etwas was ich nicht weiß über Mo i Rana?

Hoffe es war alles. Es schaut so aus, als ob würdest Du uns den Weg vorspuren wollen?
              Reiseberichte

Kommentar

• Gast-Avatar

Vielen Dank!

Mo i Rana: Ich weiss darüber nichts Schlechtes. Nur wäre ein RückFLUG von dort mit 3 mal Umsteigen verbunden. Und das ist allein wegen der Beschädigungsgefahr mit Pulka suboptimal.

Vorspuren: eher nicht, da Ihr im Zweifel früher dort sein werdet (wenn ich es überhaupt dieses Jahr schaffe). Im Prinzip klingt Vorspuren aber deshalb gut, weil es dann dort offenbar keine Scooterspuren oder "Loipen" gibt?

Kommentar

• OttoStover
                  Fuchs
                  • Privat

• Meine Reisen

Zitat von Nita Beitrag anzeigen
                  I guess we have it already (with your help ), but I´ve not seen it, only my partner (I´ll ask him).

The finish point depends from our velocity, Dunderland seems to be realistic. We have train tickets from Bodø to Oslo, so can get on a train everywhere from Lønsdal to Mo i Rana.

OT: +15°C here today! Looking forward to a real winter
                  Nice that you have the map, for the winter route does not follow the same track as the summer route. He he, me and my wife did go the summer route from Saltfjellstua to Krukki one winter, it was a pure he.. The correct route would have been fantastic.

There is only one place that you may get on the train between Lønsdal and Mo i Rana and that is Dunderland. What kind of transport have you thought of between Storvoll and Dunderland. Walking along the E6 is not exactly a pleasure
                  Zuletzt geändert von OttoStover; 22.02.2012, 23:19.

Kommentar

• OttoStover
                    Fuchs
                    • Privat

• Meine Reisen

Just an update on the conditions for skiing/snowshoeing in the area you are entering. We were at Lønsdal this weekend and skied there. Ok, but quite a bit of loose snow. We did one trip round the Kjemåfjellet (15 km) and used 3,5 hours, but then we were just two and there were no skitracks to follow. It was quite hard work in 40cm loose snow. especially for the dog.

Today I also talked to one neighbour who has a hut west of Solvågtind. He said the conditions there were perfect. Just 5 cm new snow on a firm base of hard snow. That is ideal for you as well.

The coming weekend I will go to Calalves hut in Sulitjelma. I may post an update on conditions on sunday evening, in case you are still able to read it.

Otto

Kommentar

• Nita
                      Fuchs
                      • Privat

• Meine Reisen

The coming weekend I will go to Calalves hut in Sulitjelma. I may post an update on conditions on sunday evening, in case you are still able to read it.
                      Thank you very much! This weekend I will not have any internet access, but from monday till wednesday yes.

40cm are hard for both, a dog and a man. (But beautiful ) It is really good to know what is expecting us.
                      Reiseberichte

Kommentar

• OttoStover
                        Fuchs
                        • Privat

• Meine Reisen

OK. When i post some info sunday or monday you will have use for it, that is all that matters. Have you figured out a way to get from Storvollen (where you meet the E6) down to Dunderland? There is a bus going twice dayly that I find. It runs every day that the schools are open at least. Leaves Storvollen 0815 and 1400. It arrives Dunderland after 15 minutes approximately. I guess it is in the range of 10km distance and this may be walked of course but it will take time.

Please note that there is no bus service from the hut Bolnastua. There used to be a train stop there, but the train does NOT stop there now.

Are you going south by the train then (Mo i Rana or Trondheim) or north to Bodø?

Otto

Kommentar

• Nita
                          Fuchs
                          • Privat

• Meine Reisen

Please note that there is no bus service from the hut Bolnastua. There used to be a train stop there, but the train does NOT stop there now.
                          !!!

We are going to Trondheim and then to Oslo, but our Tickets are from Bodø, that's why we are free to choose the train station.

It is really good to know, that there ist a bus to Dunderland. If nothing will happen we will walk.

I hope you`ve had a nice weekend?

PS can we bring you anything from Germany?
                          Reiseberichte

Kommentar

• OttoStover
                            Fuchs
                            • Privat

• Meine Reisen

This is sorted out by use of PM, as you perhaps know.

Kommentar

• OttoStover
                              Fuchs
                              • Privat

• Meine Reisen

Just an update on the tour for Nita and Wildscan. I heard from them via SMS message on sunday evening saying all was well and they had reached Balvatnet. They asked about the weather forecast, and I sent a reply saying it was expected strong winds on monday and tuesday, but then it was expected to cool down. Here is a report from the same area just over the border http://sverigesradio.se/sida/artikel...rtikel=5011441 It says that even the swedish rescue team was stuck in the strong winds. They had said it was the worst weather they had experienced in 20 years.

I have just sent a SMS to wildscan but I do not expect a reply until tomorrow. I'll keep you informed.

Kommentar

• OttoStover
                                Fuchs
                                • Privat

• Meine Reisen

Just talked to Wildscan some hours ago. They are well and in an open and free of charge hut called Storjordfjellkoia. Their plan is to get to the nearest trainstation and get on their way back to Germany. It is just an hour down to Storjord Turistsenter, and there is a large truckstop and also a busstop. Nearest trainstation is Røkland, and I advised them to try this.

Me and my wife are going today on a trip from Tverrbrennstua to Bjellåvasstua, Krukki and finally ending at Dunderland trainstation. We plan to use 4 days, and we would have passed wildscan and nita if they had managed their original plan. But they have had lots of hard weather, being stuck for days at one place.

Otto

Kommentar

• dingsbums
                                  Fuchs
                                  • Privat

• Meine Reisen

Otto, vielen Dank für die Infos und euch eine schöne Tour!

Kommentar

• HUIHUI
                                    Fuchs
                                    • Privat

• Meine Reisen

J It is just an hour down to Storjord Turistsenter, and there is a large truckstop and also a busstop. Nearest trainstation is Røkland, and I advised them to try this.

But they have had lots of hard weather, being stuck for days at one place.

Otto
                                    Great to hear that they are OK.
                                    The priorities for a tour should alsways be a) get home b) stay healthy c) have a great experience (in that order).
                                    It seems they will succeed in a+b and most likely have a great part of c filled aswell, so it was a good trip!
                                    Ich bin ziemlich einfach. Ich trinke guten Wein, das ist konzentrierter Sonnenschein.

Kommentar

• Nita
                                      Fuchs
                                      • Privat

• Meine Reisen

Vielen Dank, Otto!

Ja, der Wettergott scheint unsere Fragen hier als Regentanz verstanden zu haben... Später noch mehr dazu Aber in die Gegend will ich noch mal!
                                      Reiseberichte

Kommentar

• wildscan
                                        Dauerbesucher
                                        • Privat

• Meine Reisen

Auch von mir: Danke Otto und viel Spaß auf deiner Tour!

Zum Bahnhof in Londsdalen sind wir nicht mit Bus oder LKW gekommen. Jim, der beste Ranger der Welt und sein Kollege (nochmals vielen, vielen Dank den beiden!!!!) haben uns mit ihren Pickups gefahren. Aber dazu später sicher mehr.

Gute Nacht.
                                        "Phantasie ist wichtiger als Wissen, denn Wissen ist begrenzt."
                                        Albert Einstein

Kommentar

Lädt...
                                        X