• Zeit
  • Anzeigen
Alles löschen
neue Beiträge

• Bob
    Anfänger im Forum

• Meine Reisen

Another update from Danube delta

A second dam broke, in the region of Isaccea. They work hard now, with heavy machines, to cover the huge hole...
    Do your travel in Respect of the nature and the people that you meet! Don\'t abuse the nature, just enjoy it!
    Bob - Adventure Travel In Romania - www.barefoot-tours.com

Kommentar

• BennyB
      Erfahren
      • Privat

• Meine Reisen

Re: Sure!

Zitat von Bob
      Romania is a country in transition. So, now, you can find all kind of people here. I would say, the further you go out from the cities, and away from the big roads, the nicer people you meet! So, if you plan on going in the mountains, there are really nice people!
      I hate the big cities, but that's about the experience you can make anywhere: the poorer the people are, the nicer they are.

Zitat von Bob
      Of course, it all depends how you expose yourself! If you know how to behave, you won't miss a house and a plate of food.
      But as 4 general tips (i don't say you would do so, i would say it to anybody, so, please, don't get me wrong!):
      1) Don't wear too many "shiny" accessories! you don't know what kind of people you attract with them...
      2) Don't act as a reach tourist! Be normal, don't make an emphaze out of the fact you come from EU.
      3) take care with the Palinka! (Schnaps) - it is strong, and you might puke before you expect.
      4) If you hitch hike, it is better to announce you don't pay, before you get in the car! (it is quite common that people pay for the rides, here).
      Thank you very much. I think tips number 1-3 are general tips, tip number 4 is important to know. I have already read anywhere that hitchhiking in Romania is a normal thing people also pay for.

Zitat von Bob
      Otherwise, about mountains:
      The less known, the nicer experience!
      But the best landscapes, i've seen in Retezat and Fagaras (they are both really known, but really beautiful).
      I would say to everybody: "don't go in Bucegi!" people are shit there, a lot of tourists...etc...and these are not even by far the most beautiful mountains in Romania.
      I'll remember that when planning my route!

Zitat von Bob
      If there's something you didn't understand, don't hesitate to ask me again!
      it is pretty late now, and i might have a weird way of expressing.
      My english isn't perfect too, but I do understand you without any problems !!

My only problem is, that I not only want to enjoy the great landscape but also get in contact with some people... But I don't speak a word romanian, I can learn some important vocabulary but that'll be not enough for communicating. And I don't think the "poorer" people do speak english??

Thank you very much for your help!!
      Liebe Grüße,
      Benny

Kommentar

• Bob
        Anfänger im Forum

• Meine Reisen

Bitte!

OK, Benny, indeed, you are right: The poorer the nicer.

But you find poor people also in cities, but they are really stressed, frustrated and less willing to help.

I would generalize (even tough generalizing is $#1T) that the less contact to the media they have, and the more isolated they are, the nicer they are. (not only in Romania, the same in Germany, for example).

And yes, you are right! The mountain people don't need English, or other foreign language. Their area of movement is nature, and it is common the people they meet there, they speak Romanian :wink:

But, if you have the willing to learn some polite forms, they will help you a lot!

Two more tips:
        1) Learn how to greet in Romanian. And when you enter villages, greet everybody that you meet! (the one who's passing is greeting the one who sits). You will grow in people's eyes! :wink: Respect is all they ask.

2) Offer a hand, if you see it's needed! Nice surprises MIGHT come after!

Well, i wish you a lot of fun during your whole Eastern European Trip!
        And, let's not forget i wish you also great weather!

Alles gute!
        Do your travel in Respect of the nature and the people that you meet! Don\'t abuse the nature, just enjoy it!

Kommentar

• BennyB
          Erfahren
          • Privat

• Meine Reisen

I'm really pleased of your nice help!!
          Of course I'm going to learn the most important words (I've got a list of ~100 words) and of course polite phrases.

I'm really looking forward to that trip, although I'm not going to start very soon, but in about 1 year (have to finish school first and then to do my military service )

Thanks again and I hope the weather in Romania is better than here in carinthia (it's raining and according to the forecast it's not going to stop...)

How do I say "Thanks and good-bye" in romanian ;)?

CU, Benny

Kommentar

• Bob
            Anfänger im Forum

• Meine Reisen

"Multumesc si La revedere!"

Multumesc [Mulzumesc] = Thank You
            si [schi] = and
            La revedere [la revedere] = Good bye

(i don't have the phonetic alphabet, but i tried to make it as the writing in German).

Any time, Benny!

why army? can't you make civil service instead of army in Austria?

Good luck!

Kommentar

• BennyB
              Erfahren
              • Privat

• Meine Reisen

Thanks! As I cannot read the phonetic alphabet that's perfect !

Well, you're right, in Austria you can choose between the "army" and the civil service. But: The military service lasts for 6 month (new regulation) and the civil service lasts for 9 month. So why did I choose the military service ;)?

I'm going to be an ambulance man so I think it's not going to be too military(?) *G*

Benny

Kommentar

• Bob
                Anfänger im Forum

• Meine Reisen

Floods in Danube Delta Area! Official Numbers, Pictures&

Hello again! Long time no see, hah?!

Well, there are some problems here, in Romania, so, the time is really short for me.

I would like to inform you about the floods in Romania, in Danube Delta Region.

Does anybody have any idea in which category would be appropriate to write that information? i would like to start a new thread about it....

Please, dear moderators, help me up with this!!!!

Thanks a lot!

Kommentar

• Flachlandtiroler
                  Freak
                  Liebt das Forum
                  • Privat

• Meine Reisen

Hi Bob,

still not drowned... ;)

I would suggest to place the thread in the Reiseplanung subforum. A tag "[RO] <name of the thread>" might also be helpful.

Martin
                  Meine Reisen (Karte)

Kommentar

• Bob
                    Anfänger im Forum

• Meine Reisen

thanx!
                    i didn't drawn :wink:

but still the day doesn't have 32 hours.....

You will see the post in the evening, probably, or tomorow!

Bis dann!

Kommentar

• Bob
                      Anfänger im Forum

• Meine Reisen

Floods in Danube Delta Area! Official Numbers, Pics, Etc

I invite you all to check also the topic about the Floods in Danube Delta.

Here is a link to that thread:

Floods in Danube Delta Area! Official Numbers, Pics, Etc

Thank you!!!!

Kommentar

Lädt...
                      X