Gerne im Forum
    • Privat

• Meine Reisen

[AT] Lechtal Runde, Juli 2019

Tourentyp
    Lat
    Lon
    Mitreisende
    A fast Tirol weekend tour including Monday.

I know Greta won´t be my friend for this but I just had to do it. The weather was expected to be great and the average temperature would be more than 30°C, for that reason I sadly did not take my dog Lupa.
    I hid the packing of my pack as she knows what is going to happen is the backpack is packed.
    Friday after work I got in my car and drove down to the village Bach (Lechtal) in Austria.

Looking down at Bach shortly after starting

Saturday morning I made an early start with best great weather along the Alperschonbach towards Madau and from there to the bus drop of point for the Memminger Hütte.

Looking down towards the bridge at the Memminger Hütte bus drop point

I didn´t care walking along that road as I was the only one and the views were great (I tried to imagine which was the rock face where “Geier Wally” sacked the eagles nest from).
    Instead of taking a left turn towards the Memminger Hütte I continued straight on along the Parseierbach . From there on there was no more jeep road and I was happy being on a trail.

View down while going up towards Grießl Scharte

Made my way up the pretty steep Grießl Scharte that still had lots of snow from the last winter and I was the first on to set track for this route for starting season.

Towards Grießl Scharte

Looking down from where I came from the top of Grießl Scharte

The other side of the Grießl Scharte

Continued through snow in the direction of Ansbacher Hütte but instead of going there I walked over to Alperschon Joch where I pinched my tent with no wind, great views and amazing high temperatures.

Alperschon Joch on the far end left

Normally I would never camp on an exposed Joch but the weather was just too good to not do it.

That is what I call: A-class Camping spot

Next morning

What a day already that early

Next morning I walked over towards the Kaiserjoch Haus. I still needed my crampons and Ice axe in a few of the steeper sections of the trail.

Crampon time

That´s where I came from

That´s where I am going

Had a beer at the hut and the “Wirt” was surprised to see the first person setting track on the route.
    After my lovely beer I walked down towards Kaiseralpe.

View from the Kaiserjoch Haus direction upper Kaiserbach/Lahnzug Jochl

There were quite some people on the trail towards the Kaiserjoch Haus and lots of them were really struggling with the heat.

Smile if you are happy

I followed the Kaiserbach up stream towards the Lahnzug Jochl and from there down to the Frederic-Simms Hütte. This part of the walk also had lots of snow and I had to have an extra look at my map and compass (yes I am old school).

looking down from Lahnzug Jochl. The V on the otherside is the Kaiserjoch Haus area

As I do like the occasional alpine hut at the right time of the day I decided to stay at the Frederic-Simms Hütte that night. I really enjoyed the Frederic-Simms Hütte, there weren’t too many people, the hut was cozy and the tenants of the hut really made me feel welcome and part of it all.

Frederic-Simms Hütte

Next morning it was an easy walk down the valley towards Sulzlbach and from there the last few kilometers through the broad Lech valley to my car at Bach.

Next morning looking back up the valley with the Frederic-Simms Hütte on the left side

Sulzlbach
    Zuletzt geändert von thedutch; 01.07.2021, 11:22.

• Meer Berge
    Fuchs
    • Privat

• Meine Reisen

AW: [AT] Lechtal Runde, Juli 2019

Wonderfol round trip!
    I really love to walk in that combination of warmth and snow
    Thanks text and pix!

Kommentar

• thedutch
      Gerne im Forum
      • Privat

• Meine Reisen

Hi there,

thanks for your nice comment.
      I just had a look at your "South west coast path".
      Great trip...Would be one of my bucket list tours.

cheers

Kommentar

• Meer Berge
        Fuchs
        • Privat

• Meine Reisen

OT: Last year I did the middle part of it, round Cornwall into Plymouth, (not yet written a report) at the end of this month I hope to finish at Poole.
        Wonderful walk!
        If you head for it and have any questions - feel free to ask!

Kommentar

Lädt...
        X